Involved in a slip and fall accident and need an experienced slip and fall accident attorney? Our 24 hour phone service is available to assist you after an accident, even if it is after office hours.
A slip, trip and fall accident can happen anyplace and most of the victims never know the accident is about to happen. The victim can be walking down an icy driveway or sidewalk, down a grocery store aisle with debris, or through a business that has not maintained its floors, and suddenly danger strikes and they end up on the floor. Sadly, a slip, trip, and fall accident can result in serious and life-threatening injuries, including broken bones and trauma to the head and back, and can change their life forever.
Negligent property or business owners are often the cause of slip, trip and fall accidents. For example, they fail to follow building codes, have wet and slippery floors, have cracked and defective sidewalks, have torn carpets or damaged floors, have debris on their floors, or have icy or snowy sidewalks or driveways. There are many other ways a property or business owner’s carelessness can lead to a person’s injury or death. Whether you have a possible case is based on the details of what happened, so it is essential that you get legal help from Joannou & Associates as soon as possible.
The amount of recovery varies from case to case, but an injured person may be able to recover for medical expenses such as for hospital treatment, doctor’s visits, and physical therapy; for lost wages for time missed from work; for future medical expenses; for any permanent injury; and for pain, suffering, and inconvenience. If a person is killed in an accident, in addition to medical expenses their loved ones suffer both the emotional loss and the loss of future income for their family.
If you are injured from a slip and fall accident, take the following steps:
- Try to identify what caused your fall. Look for damaged flooring, debris, or slippery substances such as water or grease. Take pictures of the area and what you believe caused your fall.
- Notify the manager or owner of the business, ask for a copy of any report they prepare, and ask them to preserve any video recording of the area and your accident.
- Get the name and contact information for any employee or witness who may have seen what happened or who assisted you.
- Make note of what you were wearing, including your shoes.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Contact Joannou & Associates as soon as you are able so that we can review your case.
CALL JOANNOU & ASSOCIATES IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED IN A SLIP AND FALL CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANOTHER.