Involved in a car accident and need an experienced car accident attorney? Our 24 hour phone service is available to assist you after an accident, even if it is after office hours.
IF YOU ARE IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT
- Contact the authorities. The police will investigate the accident, document the information, and direct you to safety.
- Call for an ambulance if necessary.
- Document what happened.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved and of the scene.
- Gather information from the other driver(s) and give them your information. Make sure you get the license plate number of the other vehicle and the driver’s name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Ask for the name and contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- Contact Joannou & Associates as soon as possible so we can immediately start working on your case. Our 24 hour phone service is available to assist you after an accident, even if it happens after our regular office hours, and if you can’t come to us we will come to you.
- Never admit fault, either at the scene or afterward.
- Do not speak with the Defendant’s insurance company. They may sound friendly and helpful, but they are not trying to help you. Do not accept any settlement offer from the insurance company until we have had the opportunity to review their offer with you.
- Visit your doctor if you have been injured. Remember, people often feel worse a day or two or longer after an accident than they do immediately following the collision.
Accidents happen. Sometimes other drivers are not as careful as you are. They drive too fast, follow too close, don’t pay attention, or are distracted by talking or texting on a cell phone. Alcohol or drug use is often a contributing factor in collisions. Whatever the cause, the result is that you received injuries because of someone else’s negligence.
A motor vehicle accident can cause injuries, and those injures can be serious. Often you will not realize the extent of your injuries until days following the collision. You have the right to seek compensation for injuries you suffer in an accident caused by someone else.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, please contact Joannou & Associates. Our team of professionals has the knowledge and experience to challenge the insurance companies in order to insure that you are fairly compensated and to take your case to court, if necessary, to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at (757) 399-1700.